Saturday, November 10, 2007

Technorati

Interesting site. The little demo I watched must be old, because the site has a completely different look. I actually prefer the old version because it seemed to contain more options and was better organized, clearer and more colorful.

I checked out Boingboing--not very practical, but it did contain some fun stuff.

I actually used Technorati to answer (or semi-answer) a question at the staff desk. A man needed info on how to play the banjo. Of course we only had one book, and it was just sheet music. I went on Technorati, thinking there have to be some tech savvy banjo pickers, and I found a blog which had a link to a PDF article interviewing a well-known-in-the-banjo-circle guy and one of the questions was how he taught himself how to play. He listed some of his favorite books, so I printed it out for the man, and told him we could inter-library loan them. I found another blog which listed some DVDs too, and the man was quite happy! Go technology!!!

No comments: