Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Learn About Audiobooks

I could only look at Gutenberg because the library suspended our license for Netlibrary, and since I don't have a computer at home, I couldn't look at Overdrive, unfortunately.

Gutenberg is pretty nice--I've used it numerous times for people. Just the other day, someone needed the original tales of the Brothers Grimm (you know, not the Disney version, but the version where evil step-sisters lop off their heels to try and fit into dainty slippers!) and I found it for her on Gutenberg.

Granted, it only contains public domain titles, but still, it's great for history questions. One nice trick is if a book is heavy on the images, you can download the HTML version, and then the audiobook version, and you can read along. Pretty cool, huh! (I really need to get a life...)

No comments: